Tuesday, June 9, 2015

A letter to the sweet girls out there who first meet Aunt Flo

I had an assignment where I was given a chance to write or add something to puberty books about going through puberty and I took a creative approach of a letter to a girl just beginning the puberty stage. I found it fun to write so I thought I would share it :) Hope you get a kick out of it like I did! 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dear sweet girl,
I can tell you first hand how scary, weird, and gross I felt when my Aunt Flo decided to drop by. Let me warn you, she will be frequently dropping by un-announced and she is very unwanted when she does. She is intrusive, causes pain and discomfort, makes you feel bloated, gives you the worst headaches and can plain wear you out! She will drive you mad and sometimes you begin to take that anger out on others or flat out cry for no apparent reason. Yes Aunt Flo is a very big nuisance but fear not there is a light at the end of the tunnel! You can be prepared for Aunt flo in ways that can make her week visit not so terrible!Start taking note to when she is dropping by, get the tools needed to give you some protection from Aunt Flo. There are these great barriers you can keep on you as well as torpedo's to defend yourself! The choice is yours! There are wonderful things that can help tame those awful headaches, pain, discomfort, bloating, irritableness, and sleepiness! Midol is wonderful and magical and can really dial down Aunt Flo. It tames her and makes the week more bearable! Heating pads are a wonder as well!  She doesn't like the heat so I found it affective to use against her! It will become your best friend to those pain and discomforts! Don't Fret! Aunt Flow only drops by once a month and stays for only a week! 
I know I have been only talking negative about Aunt Flo but she really is a blessing in disguise! She is actually doing wonders for you sweet girl! She is preparing you to become a woman and giving you the chance; if you choose to accept, to be a mom! Those changes you are experiencing; the monthly visits from Aunt Flo,and  the changes of your upper body and your lower body, they are all to prepare you to be a wonderful and beautiful woman! So hang in there sweet girl! I promise that it is all worth it in the end! And even if you do decide to not become a mom when you are officially a woman, that is okay, you have developed into a beautiful woman and should be proud of where you have come! So take pride and look at Aunt Flo as she is doing a favor for you! 
Sincerely, 
A women who has been there

No comments:

Post a Comment